ICBI Management Structure
The ICBI "is a registered Irish company (524703) limited by guarantee and not having a share capital" and thus is owned by its members.
The board of directors of the ICBI is tasked with overseeing the day to day operations of the organisation and holds meetings every two months.
The membership have voting rights on any matters of particular importance and the members elect the board of directors. Members also vote on any changes to the constitution of the organisation. Open membership meetings or gatherings where concerns and ideas can be raised are ideally held quarterly if possible.
An AGM is held annually in the month of February.
Board of Directors
As Elected at the Annual General Meeting of ICBI on 11th February 2020 and re-elected or newly elected March 2022/ February 2023
Chairperson: Peter Mosley (Porterhouse Brewing)
Secretary: James Dunne (BRÚ Brewery)
Adrienne Heslin (West Kerry Brewery)
Sam Black (Black's Brewery)
Richard Siberry (Black Donkey)
Barbara Anne McCabe (Bridewell Brewery)
Various Sub-Committees are appointed to aid in the functioning and promotion of the organisation.
Committee members are appointed by the board in consultation with the membership.
Consulting ICBI Coordinator: Elisabeth Ryan
Aims of ICBI
- To operate a proactive association which represents the interests of independent craft brewers in Ireland
- To increase awareness of authentic independent craft breweries
- To promote the development of high quality brewing, dispensing, packaging, sales, marketing, and distribution of beer in Ireland
- To lobby and promote the objectives of the organisation, getting issues raised at national level
- To communicate all relevant issues to members
- To interact with other stakeholders most especially relevant government agencies and trade bodies
- To develop, educate and train our personnel in best practices
The ICBI is an Irish Company, No. 524703
Registered in March 2013 as Independent Craft Brewers and Distillers of Ireland Ltd.
Current Directors: Peter Mosley, James Dunne, Adrienne Heslin, Sam Black, Richard Siberry, Barbara Anne McCabe
The work of the ICBI is supported by our membership fees and kindly supplemented by our key trade partners. A list of all of our partner / supplier supporters and full trade directory can be found here